Become a Member
Children's Center Programs
10:00AM Sunday Worship
July & August
622 Joppa Farm Rd
Want to Get Involved?
Here are things to do at Good Shepherd.
- Worship Team - Plans church
services and service formats. Oversees the worship service and
acolytes. Meets 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Outreach Team - Plans and
implements activities to make community aware of our church and
its programs and to facilitate people joining our church family.
Meets second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Christian Education Team - Plans
and implements church education programs including Sunday School,
Confirmation, Vacation Bible School and special events. Meets
first 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Stewardship Team - Plan and
implement activities associated with raising money for the church
including the annual member pledge campaign. Meets 3rd Tuesday of
every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Property Team - Plan and implement
activities associated with maintaining and repairing the church
building and grounds including building repairs, heating/air
conditioning, lawn cutting, painting, etc. Meets 3rd Tuesday of
every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Nominating Team - Contacts
individuals and presents names to congregation for prospective
Elders and Deacons. Meets at various times. Must be a church
- Choir - Sing at weekly church service.
Practice every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
- Bell Choir - Play in hand bell group
during church service. Practice Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Altar Guild - Maintain church altar with
flowers, candles and other decorations. Assure that hymnals and
bibles are in pews. Prepare communion items. Two individuals serve
for a month. Sign-up sheet in hall.
- Lay Reader - Assist pastor during church
service with scripture reading, responsive reading and offering
prayer. Sign-up sheet in hall.
- Ushers - Greet and seat people at
church, pass out church bulletins and take offering. Pass out and
collect Ritual of Friendship pads and Guest Folders. Serve one
Sunday a month.
- Coffee Hour - Make coffee (already
supplied), provide refreshments, set-up and clean up for coffee
hour after church service. Sign-up sheet in hall.
- Children’s Sermon - Prepare and present
brief story for children during church service. Sign-up sheet in
- Acolyte - For young people; light and
extinguish candles during church services.
- Vacation Bible School - Participate in a
special program for children for 1 week at the end of June between
6 and 8 in the evening. The program includes singing, prayer,
crafts, lessons, food, etc.
- Sunday School - Teach different age
groups on Sunday morning from kindergarten to adults.
- Shepherd’s Kids - Help at weekly
get-together on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 to 7:00 for children to
sing, learn, play games and have a snack.
- Sharing Table - Make a casserole and/or
help serve food to needy people at facility in Edgewood on 4
Saturdays a year. Sign-up sheet in hall.
- Women’s Circle - Bible studies and
refreshments. Meets second Monday of each month at different homes
at 7:00 p.m.
- Crafty Ladies - Work on craft items
throughout the year for sale at the Fall Festival. Meets every
Thursday at church from 10:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Fall Festival - Yearly one-day
fund raising event. Help with sale of crafts, white elephant
table, baked goods, food set-up and clean-up. Usually held on a
Saturday in October. Information in Fall.
- Good Shepherd Website - Maintained by
- Weeding/Planting - Help plant flowers
and weed beds around church.
- Communion - Serve communion on selected
Sundays. Must be a church member.
- Nursery - Help with nursery during
- Elders - Consisting of 12 church members
elected by the congregation for a 3-year term, the "Session"
governs the church including chairing the Teams, planning the
budget and voting on various church issues. Each year, 4 new
Elders are elected to the Session and 4 leave. Must be a church
member and 21 years old.
- Deacons - Composed of 9 church members
elected to a 3-year term who provide support to the congregation’s
needs including the Flock. Every year, 3 new Deacons are elected
and 3 leave. Must be a church member.